Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Leaving for MTC



Early Monday morning we left for the MTC. I have to admit we were a little nervous, well maybe really nervous and excited. The day had finally arrived and even though we have waited for this day for several months we still didn't feel quite ready and still have several things we need to do before actually leaving for our mission.

The weather was dark and it was raining as we loaded the car and headed for Provo. The farther south we got the worse the weather got. We got into a blizzard and it was slow going to get to Provo. We were certainly glad we had taken our raincoats and I wished that I had my winter boats because my shoes were soaked by the time we made it to the front door of the mtc.

We checked in and changed our room from a motel to stay at the MTC because we were the only couple staying at the motel. We found out we still have to have 2 more shots and that will happen on Wednesday. We were kept pretty busy but not so busy that we didn't have time to appreciate the cafeteria. The food was wonderful and the servings were too large. We can understand why so many put on weight while here and we are glad we only have 5 days here. That will all end when I start cooking again because I am out of practice. Brittany has done all of the cooking since she and James have been there.

We know we have a lot to learn and we are a little older and it takes us a little longer to catch on. Really wish we would have spend more time studying Preach My Gospel or I should say I wish we would have spent any time studying Preach My Gospel.

No comments: